Exploring the Grace in Dying & the Grace in Aging with Kathleen Dowling Singh
Saturday, October 17, 2015 9:30am—1:30pm
University Union Building, The Chesapeake Room
8000 York Road, Towson MD 21252
A presentation shedding new light on the psychological, emotional, and spiritual aspects of aging and dying.
Kathleen Dowling Singh, Ph.D., has extensive experience and training in transpersonal psychology and various spiritual traditions. Having worked extensively with the dying in hospice care, she speaks about the spiritual transformations at the end of life and the causes and conditions that encourage awakening as we age. Kathleen is the author of The Grace in Dying: How We Are Transformed Spiritually As We Die, and The Grace in Aging: Awaken As You Grow Older. Her work has been compared to the foundational studies of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, and her message is one of hope, comfort and spiritual transformation.
- Advance registration is recommended as seating is limited
- Cost: $33.50 Register online at Eventbrite / cash or credit card at the door
- If paying by check contact Lee Hoyt at email@example.com for mailing instructions
- Refreshments will be provided (tea & coffee; light healthy food and drinks)
- Kathleen’s books The Grace in Dying and The Grace in Aging will be available for sale; there will be a book signing after the lecture
- CEU’s available, contact Lee Hoyt for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking for the event will be in the Union Parking Garage located at 200 Cross Campus Drive, Towson, MD. For a PDF of Towson University parking click here.
About our Co-sponsors:
Towson University’s undergraduate degree program in gerontology, established in 1998, was the first to be offered within the University System of Maryland, and is one of 100 programs offered in the U. S. Housed in the College of Health Professions, Towson’s Gerontology Program provides students with an interdisciplinary perspective on aging. A Master of Science in applied gerontology and a post-baccalaureate Graduate Certificate are also offered.
Companioning the Dying offers year long programs to empower and support those called to deepen their own spiritual grounding as they companion the dying. Presentations, experiential learning and contemplative practices assist participants with the integration of their service experiences, and deepen their capacity to be present to themselves, the dying and to all of life.
Honoring Life’s Final Passage: Families caring for their own at death (2013)
Presented by Jerrigrace Lyons founder of Final Passages, who is featured in the acclaimed PBS documentary “A Family Undertaking“. Training in end-of-life transition guidance and education to support a meaningful, healing approach to after death care. Public Talk hosted at Stony Run Friends Meetinghouse; Home Funeral Guide Trainings located at Institute for Christian & Jewish Studies. 2013